The Department of Pathology at SUTH offers a wide range of investigations with special emphasis on delivering timely and quality reports in accordance with international standards and guidelines to give precise and accurate test results. It adheres to stringent external and internal quality control parameters of NABH.
The hematology laboratory
The test menu includes-
- Complete blood cell count by 5-part analyzer
- Coagulation analysis
- Urine analysis
- Bone marrow studies
- Daily two times Internal Quality Control
- Other special tests for diagnosing different types of anemias and coagulation disorders.
Histopathology and cytology lab provides
The lab provides
- Complete urine analysis
- Stool analysis
- Semen analysis
- Occult blood detection in stool
We follow good transfusion practices and stringent quality control measures in terms of blood donation, testing of blood products and transfusion practices .
Major services offered
- Facility to prepare Platelet Concentrates or Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Facility to prepare Fresh Frozen Plasma (FFP)
- Facility to prepare Packed Red Blood Cells (PRBC)
- Each unit is tested by ELISA method to avoid the possible chances of Transfusion Transmitted Diseases
- Equipped to store 600units of blood