- Combining precise Surgical skill and cutting edge technology
- The most advanced and Pioneer centre for all Keyhole surgeries for Brain and spine
- Centre doing the highest number of Keyhole Discectomy(Cervical and Lumbar) , Minimally Invasive TLIF , Keyhole excision of Spinal cord Tumors ,Keyhole Procedures for Lumbar canal stenosis and Keyhole Spine fixations
- First Centre in Kerala to do Minimally Invasive TLIF.
- First Centre in Kerala to do TLIF under navigation.
- First Centre in Kerala to do Long segment Percutaneous Pedicle Screw Fixation
- First centre in Kerala to use D wave Monitoring for Spinal cord (Intra medullary and other tumors)
- Regularly doing Awake Craniotomies under Monitoring and Navigation
- First centre in Trivandrum to use Regular Intracranial Pressure Monitoring for Head Trauma and Brain Tumors
- Academic Centre for Simulated Minimally Invasive Workshop
The Division of Neurosurgery at SUT Hospital is headed by Dr Ajith R , former Associate professor , Govt Medical College Trivandrum who has over 25 years of surgical /teaching experience in the field of neurosurgery . Well known for his Surgical and clinical acumen, Dr Ajith R is a pioneer in Minimally Invasive (Key Hole)Spine and Brain surgery in Kerala .
His team is completed by Dr Abu Madan (Neurosurgeon ) , Dr Navas N S (Neurosurgeon ) , Dr Vinod Felix (ENT Surgeon- Endoscopic Skull base) , Dr Susanth (Neuro anesthetist) , Dr Shobha (Neuro Intensivist)
The department aims at excellence in neurosurgical care through practice of evidence based medicine and treatment according to international protocols. We provide outstanding care and treatment for patients with brain, spine, and peripheral nerve diseases. Comprehensive neuro-trauma services are available round the clock to provide emergency care for patients needing surgical and ICU management of head and spinal injuries.
Our surgeons’ clinical skills are complemented by their deep commitment to compassionate patient care, and by a team of nurses and support staff who are unsurpassed in their training, expertise and empathy. At SUT Hospital Neurosurgery, we are guided by a simple philosophy: Patient First.
The range of treatments and procedures offered in this department include:
- Day care Surgeries – Minimally Invasive (Keyhole ) Cervical and Lumbar Disc surgeries
- Minimally Invasive (Keyhole ) fusion procedures for Listhesis
- Percutaneous Pedicle screw fixation for Fractures
- Endoscopic Base of Skull Surgeries (with ENT dept)
- Pituitary Tumors
- CSF Leak repair
- Skull Base tumors, meningioma , Clival tumors , Gliomas and all other brain tumors.
- Keyhole surgeries for Aneurysms and Anterior skull base tumors.
- Keyhole surgery for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Spine deformity Corrections like Scoliosis and Kyphosis
- Advanced Systems for Intracranial Pressure Monitoring and Brain Oximetry and BIS.
- Intra operative Neuromonitoring which includes, SSEP , MEP , D wave , BIS
- Surgery for Brain and Spine Trauma
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Peripheral Nerve Surgeries