The SUT Hospital was founded in 1987 and is the first Multi-Super Specialty Hospital in Kerala to offer over 30 specialized services. 40 consultant doctors are currently available. There are 248 beds at present, We are progressing towards increasing the capacity of the hospital to 423 beds in order to offer better and enhanced services to a larger section of the population. We have ambitious plans to launch our first Chemotherapy Infusion Centre at SUT Hospitals in April and also a Renal Transplant Center soon. The hospital has 6 Modular Operation theaters of NABH standards and 2 operation theaters that are currently being built. Ours is the first Private Hospital in Kerala to perform an Open Heart Surgery and Angioplasty, and also Kerala’s first, world class level III Neonatology Care Centre. Our full-fledged Dialysis center in Trivandrum also happens to be the first of its kind in the city.
SUT has a high safety record in Elective Open Heart Bypass Surgery with a mortality rate less than 0.5%. We are equipped with Cathlab, an in-house blood bank, 64 slice CT scan facility, a 3D & 4D ultrasound machine. We will be establishing a pan-India chain of world class Chemotherapy Infusion Centers, starting with Trivandrum in association with world renowned Cancer Care Commission, Oxford, England. Our target is to launch about 30 centers over a 4 years period across India and beyond. This prestigious partnership with Oxford CCC, will differentiate BR Life Onco and provide unmatched care pathways, protocols, resources, MDT platforms and a second opinion.
We have a 24 x 7 pharmacy, Ambulance services, and an Emergency Unit. Also, we have 24 hrs Neurosurgery service, a 40 bedded ICU, a Trauma Care center, an Endoscopy Suite, Primary Angioplasty & Thrombolytic therapy, Joint replacement surgery, Limb salvage surgery for bone cancer, and Embolization for Hemoptysis and bleeding from the GI tract.
SUT Hospital Pattom has always been in the forefront and adopted newer medical technologies for achieving the best patient outcomes. We are closely looking at innovations in minimally invasive cardiac surgeries and valve replacements to reduce the length of patient stays and ensure a speedy recovery. SUT will witness several other path-breaking initiatives including the establishment of Renal Transplant Centre soon. The DNB program is also being pursued with renewed vigor. These contributions will raise the bar and reiterate our leadership position in the healthcare space as specialists in high-end tertiary and quaternary health care.
The hospital has been steadily working towards promoting a better quality of life by enhancing delivery of health care services in patient care. SUT has recently joined hands with Kerala Academy for Skills Excellence (KASE) to set up Centre of Excellence for Nursing called NICE- Nursing Institute for Career Enhancement.The Institute provides opportunities in nursing skill development by providing quality and relevant training programs that will enable nurses to enhance their leadership qualities, and improve their career and professional development opportunities globally. This institute will surely add value to the socio-economic fabric of Kerala.
BR Life includes hospitals in India and the sub-continent. Sree Uthradom Thirunal (SUT) Hospital, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram was the first BR Life hospital in India. Sree Narayana Hospital (SNH), Raipur and The Grande International Hospital (GIH), Nepal are the other hospitals under BR Life. The group is forging ahead in their mission to create a better world with a number of upcoming projects. Currently, BR Life owns, operates and manages over 1200 beds and intends to concentrate on creating a strong network of hospitals in several tier1 and tier2 cities across India and the sub-continent, to attain a critical mass of around 3000 beds over the next 3-4 years and over 25000 beds over the next decade. With safety as the cornerstone, BR Life is focused on Accurate diagnosis, Scientific treatment and Precise delivery of healthcare services. Scientific cost accounting, standardization of procedures, proper training, and alignment with medical and non-medical professionals are just some of the focus areas that BR Life is working tirelessly on to improve patient experience, engagement, and satisfaction.
Dr. B.R. Shetty is the Chairman of BR Life group of hospitals and is the Founder, C.E.O, and MD of New Medical Centre(NMC) which is the largest hospital chain in the Middle East and is UAE’s largest private sector healthcare provider. It has two main businesses – Healthcare: Hospitals, day surgery centers, medical centers and pharmacies -Trading: NMC Trading: distribution business for pharma, scientific, FMCG, Food, Veterinary and Education products across the UAE. NMC Health is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.Today, Dr Shetty is the proud visionary behind 15 healthcare facilities which cater to more than two million patients annually. Dr. Shetty has been honored with Padmashri from the Govt. of India.
Now BR Life is concentrating on creating a strong network of hospitals is several tier1 and tier2 cities across India and the sub-continent, to attain a critical mass of around 3000 beds over the next 3-4 years and over 25000 beds over the next decade.
To be recognized as a world class healthcare centre with excellence in quality medical care, expertise and compassion.
We are committed:-
- To provide world class healthcare professionals to deliver quality services that exceed the expectations of our community.
- To provide innovative health care services across a spectrum of therapeutic areas.
- To provide modern, comprehensive and safe facilities and responsive environment.
- To acquire the most qualified, most professional human resources and provide continuous development of human capital.
• Sensitive to patients’ needs above our own and surpass patient expectations by delivering healthcare service that is caring and compassionate
• Provide high quality care in a warm, reassuring and responsive environment
• Reach out to our community and members of society to educate and improve health
• Ethical when dealing with patients and stakeholders.
• Disciplined and honest in our financial dealings.
• Adherence to clinical and corporate governance.
• Assurance of quality and service in the best interest of patients and stakeholders
• Consistently seeking alignment between the values that we espouse, and the strategies, decisions and actions that we pursue
• Adherence to legitimate instructions, rights, laws and regulations observed by our company.
• Professional in our conduct and behavior.
• Collegial teamwork across disciplines.
• Sharing of knowledge with stakeholders to provide completely better care to our patients.
• Keep abreast with the development and research in our professional fields and practices.
Continuously seek and explore alternative ways to improve our performance through organizational synergy and continuous innovation
• Be a Center of Excellence in Healthcare through commitment to continuous quality improvement and adopting industry leading practices in safety.
• Meet and exceed international Healthcare standards by adopting advanced medical techniques and procedures imparted through state-of-the-art facilities.
• Maintain and develop well trained and experienced human resource to offer the patients world-class services
• Develop team work and communication through encouraging multi- disciplinary collaborative practice.